Thursday, March 27, 2014

Oakland Drops Beats: JahniahOmi (Spoken Word/ Singer/ Songwriter)

April 19th, 2014
@
The Spice Monkey
1628 Webster St, Oakland, CA 94612
7:30pm - 10:30pm

A Thousand WordZ 
Presents:

JahniahOmi, Rasta Style Flower-child from the Bay.
(Spoken Word Artist, Musician) 

Biography:
Jahniah Omi Bahari: spoken-word artist, musician, singer/songwriter, dancer, photographer. The Jackie of all trades, Rasta style Flower-child born in B-town raised in Oak-town. Blessed with the Lords gift of music and it lives my soul forever. Art and Music has always been in my family's home and will always sustains my inner being.  My father the late and great Saa'lyd Bahari was a musician/artist and my beautiful mother Indirah is an artist/dancer; they told me to always have a creative spirit and to express my self. As a youth I listen to mostly Oldies/Soul and just couldn't keep it out my reigns.
After a course of years of moving around I felt like I was losing my true self, so coming back to my town was the best way for my music and Life in general. I love Oakland and my people; we are faithful people and share a deep struggle. My dream is to share our struggle and strength to the world giving Jah all the thanks and praises always. You all have prepared and elevated Me, and the time to shine and show you Me, JahniahOmi, Blessed to Love and Blessed to be. Love conquer all.

Please find me on:



"This event is part of the larger Oakland Drops Beats music crawl in downtown Oakland.  The first ODB event is happening on Saturday, April 19th and includes 10 venues, over 20 Oakland-based acts, 1 outdoor stage, and lots of community engagement.  
FREE. All day. All ages.
Go to www.oaklanddropsbeats.com for more information on the event."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home